Play Streets

Waltham Forest Council supports residents who want to host regular or one-off events on quiet residential roads.

Whether celebrating a national event, such as a royal wedding with a street party, or hosting a monthly Play Street, residents must apply to the council for permission to close their road.Image of a girl playing crazy gold

Closures are not possible on main roads or on streets which include bus routes, they will only be agreed in locations where alternative vehicle access routes are available.
Residents should consult with their neighbours to ensure there is support for their event, before applying to the council.

How to apply

Please visit https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/libraries-arts-parks-and-leisure/residential-street-parties-and-play-streets for further information on how to apply.