Whether you are an experienced cyclist or complete beginner, brushing up on or learning new skills is always a good thing.
We offer free cycle training, through our training partner Cycle Confident, to anybody who lives, works or studies in the borough of Waltham Forest, giving you the skills you need to cycle.
“I really can't rate this highly enough. I've told everyone I know to sign up. Jon was absolutely brilliant. Really put me at ease and at no point did I feel scared or like I was embarrassingly terrible at cycling. Jon
has helped me to get over a lifelong fear of, and frustration with, cycling. Thanks so much for making these courses available.” 2018
Training for adults
Cycle training can be done one-to-one or in groups.
What to expect
- We will assign you a personal trainer who can meet you at your home, place of work or study.
- They will take you to a nearby quiet space where you will go over the basics before heading out on to the road.
- You can have as many lessons as you need to get road confident and the instructor can cycle with you on a route you do or would like to do.
Cycle training for children
Children can take cycle training lessons individually from the age of seven. Similar to adult training we can organise this for groups as well so children can learn with their friends. We also provide training sessions at primary schools who are signed up to the TfL STARS programme.
Family friendly training
Our family cycle training is a great way to have a family day out whilst learning new skills. The family cycle training is available for children aged 4+ and their parents. This training applies to standard bikes as well as people interested in trying a cargo bike.
Free online cycle skills course
TfL’s free online Cycle Skills course will help you to cycle safely and confidently. So whether you’re new to cycling or just want to brush up on your skills, it can help you take to the road. There are four short modules to try. And if you complete all four modules, you’ll receive a unique 15% discount code so you can save on Halfords own-brand cycle lights, locks and helmets.
What you’ll learn:
There are four modules to complete and each one takes less than five minutes:
- Get ready to ride - gives you tips on getting you and your cycle ready for the road including basic maintenance and road handling skills
- First time on the road - shows you how to cycle safely and responsibly and includes tips on setting off, road positioning and stopping safely
- On the road again - helps to get you cycling again with advice on traffic lights, roundabouts and junctions, and how to share the road safely
- Cycling with children or groups - gives you advice on cycling in a group
What are you waiting for? Register now
How to book
To book a place for yourself or your family contact our partner company Cycle Confident directly.
Call 020 3031 6730
Get in touch